[gmx-users] Forces are large - How to track down the culprit

Shay Amram shayamra at post.tau.ac.il
Tue Dec 30 11:56:26 CET 2008

< Is this reproducible?
Yes. I've taken the same simulation and had it re-run and got the same error
at the exact same frame (frame 693, which is timeframe 6930).

<You could try to fork off a tpr file using tpbconv -f -e -s -o just
<before this happens and rerun it.
I did something similar to what you suggest before posting here:
Oddly enough the Warning did not occur: I ran the simulation up to 6000ps
and then continued the simulation to another 4000ps and the simulation ran
correctly and without any problems.

< It can also be combined by input parameters, e.g. too large time step,
<too infrequent neighborsearching etc., use of cutoffs.
If no other suggestions I'll try working that angle too, since a lot of my
simulations are running with very similar mdp parameters without problems.

Thanks again for your prompt reply,
-Shay