[gmx-users] concatenate tpr file

Mark Abraham mark.abraham at anu.edu.au
Sat Feb 2 02:14:58 CET 2008

> hi users
> I want todo analysis of my bilayer. So i order to process all trr files I
> concatenated them with trjcat . Is it also possible to concatenate tpr
> files in a similar way or I have to fo it imdividually for each
> trajectory?
> pragya

There's no point to doing this and no need either. For trajectory
analysis, only time-independent information is read from the .tpr. This
might include atom names, bonding connectivity, an initial structure for
RMS calculations or such. Time-dependent information is always read from
the trajectory and/or energy files.