[gmx-users] non bonded interactions

Sheyore Omovie omovie_johnnie at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 9 02:27:35 CET 2008

I turned off all non bonded interaction using the following:

energygrp_excl = SOL SOL SOL Protein_A SOL Protein_B Protein_A Protein_B

(where Protein_A and Protein_B, are the 2 molecules (peptides) in the box)
I assume this will not affect excluded volume i.e I do not expect to see distances less that twice the radius of an atom.
However, after my simulation I get the ff result for the distance between 2 alpha C atoms in Protein_A and Protein_B (using g_dist):

0.182811

0.221014

0.240868

0.279282

0.322291

0.334325

0.356991

0.357273

0.401965
The diameter of a C atom is about .3nm so I was surprised to see distances less than that.
I'll appreciate any help.

Regards
John