[gmx-users] non bonded interactions

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Sat Feb 9 18:37:40 CET 2008

Quoting: "The diameter of a C atom is about .3nm so I was surprised to see
distances less than that."

You mean the diameter (radius) as set in vdwradii.dat? This means
nothing to mdrun, only special tools like genbox.

energygrp_excl allows you to define:
"Pairs of energy groups for which all non-bonded interactions are excluded"

And if there are no non-bonded interactions between proteinA and
proteinB, then why would they not get closer than 3A? Why would you
ever run md like this? I could understand your concern if you were
talking about an mdrun -rerun setup, but you didn't mention that so I
assume that you are not.

Bottom line is that what you are getting is expected. Since you seem
to not want this result then you should reconsider your use of
energygrp_excl.

Chris.