[gmx-users] Re: Wheter the drift velocity has been removed from calculating the temperature?

Hu Zhongqiao zhongqiao_hu at nus.edu.sg
Tue Feb 12 12:29:45 CET 2008

>> I wonder if the drift velocity has been removed from calculating the

>> temperature for a non-equilibrium MD in which a directional movement
for

>> a group exists due to external force applied.

> Yes it is. Please check the source code in src/mdlib/update.c

Thanks, David.

Then how can I get the temperature profile as the function of time? In
my simulation, the first group as mobile phase is driven by external
force, the second is fixed as stationary phase. I have turned off the
COM removal. Both the log file and g_energy give temperatures (about 320
K) obviously higher than one (300 K) I set. I guess it is due to the
drift velocity. Is there a good way to get the temperature profile which
is corrected by removing drift velocity?

Zhongqiao