[gmx-users] Strange output with Genbox

mark.abraham at anu.edu.au mark.abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Feb 13 14:34:34 CET 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: Jens Pohl <Pohl.Jens at web.de>
Date: Thursday, February 14, 2008 12:25 am
Subject: [gmx-users] Strange output with Genbox
To: gmx-users at gromacs.org

> Hello!
>
> I try to simulate a modified protein in a water-box. When I use
> genbox and have a look on the output-file then the water
> molecules are located in between the AA-sequence which results
> in an "exploding" molecule during the mdrun. I've done it
> several times from the very beginning, always getting a similar
> result (distribution of water in the AA sequence varied a bit).
>
> Input-sequence (AA):
> MGVLAI...
>
> Output after genbox:
> OMOGOOVOLOAOIOO...

It's not easy to be sure exactly what you're describing here, but I think you mean that genbox is placing waters inside the expected vdW surface of your protein. If so, then check out "genbox -h" for how GROMACS works out this surface. Otherwise, please consider posting a picture to a website somewhere.