[gmx-users] problem regarding insertion of protein into lipidbilayer

sudheer babu sudheer.pbm07 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 14:30:11 CET 2008

hi gmx users,
i am new to gromacs , i am doing membrane protein simulations. My popc
bilayer contain 128 molecules and protein contain 59 aminoacid residues,
both systems i have simulated for 1ns . Now i want insert my protein into
membrane. I have searched alot in gmxusers for how to insert protein into
membrane and found that some are used make_hole.pl program, some of them
have used genbox insertion command,
The above mentioned two ways which one i have to follow,  can anyone tell
detail information.
Thanks in advance.