回复: Re: [gmx-users] about using amb2gmx.pl

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sat Feb 16 14:31:13 CET 2008

xi zhao wrote:
> Dear sir :
> Can you tell me a detail of procedure, I have only chromophore molecular
> top,but I need entire top and gro for pdb + chromophore!

Your use of terminology is unclear - and you can't afford this sort of
lack of clarity in science. pdb, gro and top are all generic file
formats. Your first email implied that you did have a file with your
initial coordinates. The above implies the opposite. If you lack a file
containing your initial coordinates, then you may need to do some
serious leg-work to get one, e.g. search the Protein Data Bank.

I'd also suggest you follow Justin's advice, and do some tutorial
material. If nothing else they should teach you by example some better
ways of describing these things! :)