[gmx-users] problem with structure factor in g_rdf

jagannath mondal jmondal2004 at yahoo.co.in
Sun Feb 17 10:40:23 CET 2008

Hi,
   I  was trying to use g_rdf analysis tool to
calculate the structure factor of
 a polymer I am simulating.  I have generated own
..itp files for the polymer and the simulation is going
ok. But, whenever, I am trying to use g_rdf tool to
calculate the structure factor, it returns the
following error:

Reading frames from gro file '', 89600 atoms.
Reading frame       0 time    0.000
Program g_rdf, VERSION 3.3.1
Source code file: gmx_rdf.c, line: 819

Fatal error:

Error: atom type (NH3) not in list (18 types checked)!

The command line I am using is as follows:

g_rdf -f conf.gro -n index.ndx -o rdf2.xvg -sq sq.xvg
-s topol.tpr

If I only try to calculate the rdf, it goes fine. But
only when I am using -sq option , I am getting the
error. I checked with gromacs mailing list and I saw
an email having similar problem as mine but I did not
find any solution. It will be great, if  any one can
help me with this problem.
  Thanks
  Jagannath

      Download prohibited? No problem. CHAT from any browser, without download. Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php/