[gmx-users] Harmonic dihedral restraints

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 17:37:16 CET 2008

Bob,

The other way of putting what Mark said is that phi is only meaningful
on some range (-pi to pi, or 0 to 2pi, depending on how you define it)
and so what you require is that the potential be harmonic for the
region in which phi is meaningful. You don't care what happens outside
that. Or, in this case, you handle the issue by mapping phi values
outside the allowed range back into that allowed range.

David