[gmx-users] centering molecule in the water box

Peyman Yamin Peyman.Yamin at cbi.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Jul 1 12:38:47 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 01 July 2008 12:24, Fabio Affinito wrote:

I think if it moves, then there is something more basic wrong, do you remove
your center of mass motion appropriately? is your box homogeneously
equilibrated? but if it does not move and it looks like as if it moved, then
it's visual problem and not important! you could e.g. write something to cut
the solvent molecules from one side and put them on the other side with some
mapping dependant on your box type, if you would like to see your molecule at
the center.
btw, self diffusion is the diffusion of one molecule through others of its own
kind, not through other molecules, solvent or else. if there is no chemical
potential ( ~concentration ) difference, no mass transfer would take place.

Peyman