[gmx-users] minimisation and constraints

Peyman Yamin Peyman.Yamin at cbi.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Jul 2 21:15:29 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 02 July 2008 20:44, Alan wrote:

Since mostly you need CG and BFGS algorithms for the cases you normally won't
use constraints, they are not implemented to be used with constraints.
everything should be flexible to change ==> constraint = none

steep on the other hand, though not that efficient, is good enough to be more
often used for normal energy minimisation tasks, thus it can run with bonds
defined as constraints. Of course one could let all flexible and steep would
go deeper!

see also, manual: 3.10 Energy Minimisation

Peyman

--
Peyman Yamin
Lehrstuhl fuer Thermische Verfahrenstechnik