[gmx-users] segmentation fault during MD

hhhh huan scottiehuan at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 4 05:07:17 CEST 2008

Dear gmx users and developers.

 I was running a simulation with 5 ns. But it stated "segmentation fault" at time around 1 ns, and the simulation was stopped.

 By the way, i faced 2 warning during running the Grompp, it stated there:" warning 1 No default Ryckaert-Bell types, using zeroes"
          File 'p1.top' , line 209
warning 2 No default Ryckaert-Bell types, using zeroes"
          File 'p1.top' , line 210

i know that thses are the missing force field parameter at the indicated line,but i keep on running the simulation and the segmentation fault appeared because i cant find any force field that is suitable for the particular atoms. However, I manage to finish the energy minimization.

So, is it the segmentation fault has anything to do with the 2 warning? or there is any other way to solve my problems?

Thanks a lot