[gmx-users] about deuterium order parameter

Kukol, Andreas a.kukol at herts.ac.uk
Mon Jul 7 10:14:42 CEST 2008

Dear Anirban,

In order to answer your first question about sn1/sn2 chain, you should do some background reading about the molecular structure of phospholipids and look at some experimental or simulation papers, where order parameters have been reported.

In order to make the index file, you first delete all groups: del 0-4

Then you create one group fore EACH carbon atom in the chain:
a C13
a C14
a C15
... and so on

Do the same for the other tail as a separate index file. The atom names in each tail should be different and not start both at C13.

Best wishes
Andreas