[gmx-users] total charge of the system

Daniel Adriano Silva M dadriano at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 03:33:38 CEST 2008

Serdar.

If the "real charge" of your system is not zero and you are using PME, then
PME code will take account for any non-zero charge on the system and
neutralize it with an uniform background charge (
http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Errors).
If your system is composed by a protein, then try first to check the charge
for every residue (maybe you found some aminoacid with a not integral
charge).
Please note that several times if your charge is very close to an integer,
this warning is generated as consequence of the " summation of many floating
point numbers", check this link:
http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2008-May/034092.html

However, your error is on the  3rd digit (by a magnitude of .004), on my
experience gromacs "round errors" are very close to the integer (e.g. Sytem
Charge = .9999998 or 1.000002), then I recommend you to take a look on your
system.

Daniel