AW: [gmx-users] topology for a membrane + protein

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jul 11 12:14:10 CEST 2008

The Gromos parameters do not replicate lipid properties well, so I would
recommend not using PRODRG for the lipids, unless your intent is to refine those
parameters to make them work :)

There are numerous reports in the literature of treating the protein with
Gromos96 (your choice of parameter set, I have seen almost all of them).  You
can also follow Chris Neale's protocol for converting the lipid.itp parameters
to the format required (and compatible with) OPLS.  Search the list archive and
you will find it.  Other useful information is here:

http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Membrane_Simulations

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Graduate Research Assistant