[gmx-users] About "Invalid order for directive atomtypes"

Alan alanwilter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 22:30:44 CEST 2008

Justin and Hans,

So, as far as I could find, any itp containing [ atomtypes ] has to
come first. However, I never dealt with more than one ligand topology
itp file.

Besides, from the manual, I was expecting that even having others [
atomtypes ] declared in others itp files the last atomtype read (case
of double definition) would be taken. If it doesn't work this way,
despite Justin explanation, why not do it?

Moreover, what Justin said I would totally agree if in ligand [
atomtypes ] I was redefining atomtypes already done by ffamber*.itp,
but I use gaff too and its atomtypes (lower case) are definitely not
called before than in the ligand itp file. So here's where I found the
manual not clear.

Cheers,
Alan

--
Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.