[gmx-users]Re: pairs potential

Claus Valka lastexile7gr at yahoo.de
Mon Jul 21 12:11:05 CEST 2008

Hello,the pairs potential is a (classic) lennard jones potential till the value of table extension. The problem in my example was in the precision of the value of sigma. Under the pairs section I was able to put the value 0.23160, yet I could not in the gro file for the coordinates of the atoms, where there I could put only 0.231 or 0.232. Changing sigma to 0.231 I notticed that I get zero exactly at that distance.
What I have noticed also is that table extension should be bigger than any pair distance in one's system. If it is so, and someone get errors, for example system exploding, probably there is a problem in one's topology.
Regards,