[gmx-users] deprotonated cys

Chris Neale chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Mon Jul 28 16:00:31 CEST 2008

But of course then you also need to parameterize it, which is not a trivial task. OPLS does not have parameters for a cys thiolate; I'm not sure about other ff's. If you go back to the opls paper, you can follow the route by which they parameterized other ionized sc's. I have been considering doing this myself, but it seems complicated for my slight experience level with qm. Remove the hydrogen from the rtp file and re-work the charge based on a guess at your own peril. I suppose that there are things that you could do with such a model, but if the cys is deeply relevant then you should really find consistent parameters or develop them yourself.

Chris.