[gmx-users] Correlation-Covariance

Dhananjay dhananjay.c.joshi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 16:23:15 CEST 2008

Hello all,

I have done MD simulation of protein and using trajectories I did covariance
analysis. Using program g_covar with -ascii option a row covariance matrix
have been generated.

However, I an interested in Correlation matrix instead of Covariance.

Can any one tell me how to convert the covariance matrix into correlation
matrix or what is the relation between covariance and correlation matrix.

I am not good in programming or mathematics, but if anyone could help me and
give me some direction, I will be happy to write own program/script.

Thanking you in advance,

-- Dhananjay