[gmx-users] Order parameters of lipid

minnale minnale_gnos at rediffmail.com
Thu Jul 31 13:53:44 CEST 2008

Thanks Justin for your prompt reply with better suggestion
I have done like this
1.For index file
  Selected
  > a C34
  3 34 :128 elements
  then
  > a C36
  4 36 : 128 elements......
  till C50( only C atoms)
so
index file contain
  [C34]
  atoms
  [36]
  atoms...[C50]

2. then I have typed command like this
   g_order -f .xtc -s .tpr -o ord.xvg -od scd.xvg -n .ndx
   asked to select group
Group     0 (   System) has 14036 elements
Group     1 (   POPC) has  6656 elements
Group     2 (    SOL) has  7380 elements
Group     3 (     C34) has   128 elements
Group     4 (     C36) has   128 elements
.
.
.
Group    18 (       C50) has   128 elements

Group  Select a group: 3
Selected 3: 'C34'
Reading frame    0 time    0.000
Back Off! I just backed up sg-ang.xvg to ./#sg-ang.xvg.1#

Back Off! I just backed up sk-dist.xvg to ./#sk-dist.xvg.1#
Last frame      25000 time 5000.000

gcq#189: "Stay Tuned, We'll Be Right Back" (CNN)

 have I done is correct?

I have doubt that the mentioned -o and -od flags didnt generate .xvg file but without mentioning -Sk and -Sg flags .xvg got generated?
Can you clear this problem.
Thanks in advance.