[gmx-users] Number of water molecules

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Fri Jun 6 22:14:09 CEST 2008

Marcelo Fabricio Masman skrev:
> Dear All.
> Is there any tool (or set of tools) in GROMACS which allows me to
> calculate  #H2O vs time inside a pocket or in between two fragment of
> a protein?
> Any help and/or hint will be fully appreciated.
> Marcelo
If you define an indexgroup for the pocket you could find the number of
water molecules within any given distance with g_bond -contact. Between
two protein fragments is a bit harder, because such a region is a bit
ill defined.

/Erik

Erik Marklund, PhD student
Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics,
Husargatan 3, Box 596,    75124 Uppsala, Sweden
phone:    +46 18 471 4537        fax: +46 18 511 755
erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se    http://xray.bmc.uu.se/molbiophys