[gmx-users] analysis of different groups with g_energy

Peyman Yamin Peyman.Yamin at cbi.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Jun 10 10:45:06 CEST 2008

Good day!

Thanks for the comments, but maybe it could be done in a less laborious way as
following?

g_energy gives all the interactions between MOL and SOL other than bonding
ones. since there is no bond between MOL and SOL, one could do a ONE step
simulation of MOL with its last acquired structure from solvent in vacuum
and - since it's the whole system now - use g_energy again to get Angle and
Dihedral energies. The only problem would then be the Bond itself
(stretching) which is not important since when the MOL itself is the whole
system, one could even use the tot-energy directly from the one-step MD in
vac and by substracting get even the stretching energy.

should this be at least OK in a qualitative way. (?)

Despite of a good discussion on the topic (march,2008 - David, Xavier, Pascal,
Berk), I still can't find what contributes exactly to SR,LR and 1-4
non-bonding interactions and what does not, other that what they stand for ;)
are they really independent and additive to give the whole interactions? or
for example the Reaction Field corrections appliy to some and to some not?
But as far as I FEEL, they are in a good way, so that one can do as above (at
least with a reasonably small error).

If it's not supposed to work from the beginning, i.e. the terms are not
additive at all, please let me know! as well as if one should add/substract
some things!

Peyman