[gmx-users] ngmx,dssp not working

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Thu Jun 12 09:15:08 CEST 2008

sharada wrote:

To get ngmx working, you need to refrain from disabling X support on
your GROMACS configure command line, and to have a suitable X and Motif
library installed and working and findable by the GROMACS configure.

> I have installed the gromacs 3.3.3 on a dual core HP workstation with
> Ubuntu platform. All the programs are properly installed and working
> except ngmx and dssp. However there is a difference, ngmx is not
> installed as I donot see the link in /usr/local/bin along with the other
> programs. where as dssp when executed outputs one pdb file and just
> hangs for a long time (days) without giving any other output. This is

I assume you actually mean that do_dssp is hanging. Read do_dssp -h and
make sure you've followed its instructions.