[gmx-users] unable to run md after installing another gromacs 3.3.3 after 3.3.2

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sat Jun 14 03:39:03 CEST 2008

Ross KK Leung wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have both old 3.3.2 and new 3.3.3 gromacs installed and I don't know how
> to uninstall the old one. Is there any good solution to it?

Go to the 3.3.2 installation directory and issue "make uninstall". Or if
you used an .rpm or such, look up how to uninstall with that. Then to be
sure of things, go to 3.3.3 and "make install"

>  Because I keep
> getting "segmentation fault" due to inappropriate configuration, I guess.

Done properly two versions can co-exist easily. One key point is not
installing them to the same directory - so use the --prefix command to
configure. Also see the suggestions about using GMXRC here
http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Installation.