[gmx-users] Re[4]: g_msd vs g_velacc. [SOLVED]

Florian Dommert dommert at fias.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue Jun 17 12:13:01 CEST 2008

Vitaly Chaban wrote:

>> I've got a discrepancy calculating the diffusion coefficient via
>> Green-Kubo equation and via Einstein equation.
>>

>> $ g_velacc -nonormalize -acflen 1001
>> $ g_analyze -f vac.xvg -integrate
>> Do I miss any important keyword here? It seems the result of integration is not
>> correct in this case.
>>

> For the VACF of the molecules:
> $ g_velacc -nonormalize -acflen 1001 -mol -n index.ndx (index.ndx
> contains the number of molecules for the calculation)
>
> $ g_analyze -f vac.xvg -integrate
>
> The result should be finally divided by 3.

Hello,

 why should one use a prefactor of 1.0/3.0 ? I thought the flag -mol
calculates
the momentum autocorrelation function, so in my opinion the result has
to be divided
by the square of the masses of the molecules to obtain the diffusion
constant.

Best Regards,

 Flo

> --
> Vitaly V. Chaban
> School of Chemistry
> University of Kharkiv
> Svobody sq.,4
> Kharkiv 61077, Ukraine

Florian Dommert
Dipl.-Phys.

Computational and Theoretical Softmatter & Biophysics group

Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies
Johann-Wolfgang-Goethe University

Ruth-Moufang-Str. 1
60438 Frankfurt am Main

Phone: +49(0)69 / 798 - 47522