[gmx-users] mass changes in free energy calculations

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 22:26:06 CEST 2008

You can change the mass if you like. Basically, the net free energy
change associated with changing the mass should end up being zero so
it will be irrelevant. The mass of course affects the dynamics and
things like the velocities, but based on equipartition you can
convince yourself that the free energy change will be zero.

David