[gmx-users] RE: mdp files

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jun 23 14:30:10 CEST 2008

That depends on what the problem is.  It's always best to quote the
exact error message when asking for help :-)  If you're referring to the
use of -conc and -neutral, those were not available in version 3.1.
It's always recommended to use the newest version of the software,
unless, for some specific reason, you need to use an old version.

-Justin

jolander at rci.rutgers.edu wrote:
> Hi Tsjerk,
>
> Thanks for the tutorial. I was going through the steps and ran into a
> problem when placing in the ions in order to neutralize the system. Would
> this because my version of Gromacs is 3.1 and your tutorial is for v3.3.3?
>
> Thanks for the help,
>
> -John
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> For a tutorial and a workflow you can also check out:
>>
>> http://www.nmr.chem.uu.nl/~tsjerk/course/md-tutorial/
>> http://www.nmr.chem.uu.nl/~tsjerk/course/md-tutorial/01-Preparation-Workflow.jpg
>>
>> A bit in progress still, and any comments welcome ;)
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Tsjerk

>>> I guess em.mdp is a parameter file for energy minimization. Look here:
>>> http://www.gromacs.org/documentation/reference/online/mdp.html for how
>>> one can make it. If you want to make an energy minimization of your
>>> system firstly, you just have to change
>>> "integrator = md"
>>> "integrator = l_bfgs"
>>> or
>>> "integrator = steep"
>>>
>>> I have also sent you personally the ready example to start with
>>> simulating carbon nanotube.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Vitaly

>>> posting!