[gmx-users] Newbie question

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 22:01:04 CEST 2008

Hi,

Of course I can't add anything to the comments regarding the solvent and ions ;)
The #include "ions.itp" is commonly added through pdb2gmx in the >3.1
versions, so it shouldn't be necessary to add that (and it isn't for
the tutorial (v3.3.3). Anyway, it's good to keep in mind though that
the ions have to be defined. I'm taking note of these issues to
improve the tutorial (still being a work in progress; any comments
welcome).
That there are two solvent entries under [ system ] is due to the
keeping of water from the crystal structure. This poses a problem for
the -p option of genion, which should be able to edit the topology,
but it will add the ions for each solvent entry... (this could be
considered a bug...). But next to being safe, it's also good to get a
bit of the feel of the inside of the topology file :)

Cheers,

Tsjerk

Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.
Junior UD (post-doc)