FW: [gmx-users] Dynamical atom groups in 'index.ndx'

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 25 15:32:17 CEST 2008

From: gmx3 at hotmail.com
To: vvchaban at gmail.com
Subject: RE: [gmx-users] Dynamical atom groups in  'index.ndx'
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:31:59 +0200

Hi,

I think this would require complete rewriting of all the (required) analysis tools.
Currently all tools assume that you have a static, fixed length list of atoms.
You can not "simply" make this list dynamic.
It would be very useful to have such a functionality, but one would like to
have this implemented at a higher level.

There is currently a (limited) similar functionality via trjorder.
trjorder can order atoms based on distance. This effectively makes
you index group dynamic, but the size is fixed.
(although not for g_velacc, which needs time correlation, but there
it becomes difficult to define what you want to calculate exactly
with dynamic groups)

Berk.