[gmx-users] disulphide bonds

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jun 27 02:33:52 CEST 2008

rams rams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I use -ignh, that will ignore all the hydrogens in my input. And
> these hydrogens are added by the gromacs.in <http://gromacs.in> the
> first step of creating the top file.

What is gromacs.in?  Perhaps it would be best if you showed us, step by
step, what you are doing (with *exact* command lines).

Using pdb2gmx should be your first step, and using -ignh will indeed
ignore your hydrogen atoms, but it looks like they're named incorrectly
anyway, so that might be a good thing.  Part of the function of pdb2gmx
is to add back the appropriate hydrogens according to residue templates,
so it's irrelevant what you have in the input; it's going to be replaced
with correct hydrogen atoms anyway.

-Justin

jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080