[gmx-users] specbond recognised but not built

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 10:20:22 CEST 2008

Hi Grange,

It recognizes the possibility of having a bond between these atoms.
That's where the distance matrix comes in. But if a bond were made,
you'd have a statement right after the distance matrix saying
something like "linking atom ... and atom ...". It doesn't happen, and
the reason is the following (you might want to search "specbond" in
the user list archives): You have set your distance at 0.2 nm. pdb2gmx
checks whether the actual distance is within 10% of the distance
specified. The actual distance is 0.134, which lies well under the
target distance. Therefore it doesn't make the bond. Try to set the
bond length in specbond.dat between 0.13 and 0.14.

Hope it helps,

Tsjerk

Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.
Junior UD (post-doc)