[gmx-users] ff53b6 for GROMACS 3.3.X?

Mitchell Stanton-Cook s4026869 at student.uq.edu.au
Mon Jun 30 03:39:10 CEST 2008

Thanks for your response Berk.

> I have never heard of GROMOS 53b6. Does it exist?
Yes it does. I have a pdf with parameters for GROMOS 53A6 and GROMOS
53B6 (vacuo).  After attempting to locate the source it appears to be
distributed to us (the pdf)  when someone from Zurich was visiting.
I'll do some more chasing a let you know what I find if you are interested.

> The only "vacuum" GROMOS force field I know of is 43b1.
> I just removed 43b1 from Gromacs, since it is not at all a vacuum
> force field.
That is good given that the pdb2gmx description is:  GROMOS96 43b1
vacuum force field.

I also assume these scripts -

make_gromos_bon.pl
make_gromos_nb.pl and
make_gromos_rtp.pl

can be used to convert the GROMOS forcefield data file into something
suitable for GROMACS?

Cheers

Mitch