[gmx-users] Problem with using distance restraints (disre) with PBC

Mitchell Stanton-Cook s4026869 at student.uq.edu.au
Thu Mar 6 03:50:18 CET 2008

Hi Tom,

Have you modified the src? As far as I know this has not been done in
331 or 332. I'm unsure of 333. I would be interested in the patch. As
far as I know the problem is due to the the distance/orientation
restraints being placed in the bonded graph. There was a bit of chatter
on the developers list in 2007 about this but I haven't heard much else.

For my system I was using a truncated dodecahedron box. The box vector
1/2d was my biggest problem. I simply changed to a triclinic box without
too much cost. However I think I could grab an extra 300ps/day if I had
an actual fix.

Cheers

Mitch