[gmx-users] Gromacs setup on dual core machine

Kpiwara De X-nelo kpiwara at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 03:02:59 CET 2008

Hello
You'll need FFTW (fftw.org) LAM/MPI (lam-mpi.org) and gromacs sources
Download the 3 packages
start with the Lam/MPI (configure , make ,  make install)
Then fftw (the 2.1.5 version is needed, the 3.2 supports it but is still
unstable) (configure --enable-mpi, make, make install)
Then, finally, the GROMACS (configure --with-fft=fftw2 --enable-mpi , make ,
make install)

It should be running
as a non root user type lamboot
It should start the lam/mpi

run your simulations as usual just changing these
grompp -v -f xx -o xx -c xx -p xx -np #

the -np generate statusfile for # nodes

then

mpirun c0 C mdrun -v -s xx -o xx -e xx -c xx -g x -np # log >& xx

Number of nodes (#) , must be the same as used for grompp

the mpirun c0 C tells it to run on the maximun available nodes.

Hope I helped.

Matheus Fazian Ige Gondo
Departamento de Física e Biofísica
Instituto de Biociências