[gmx-users] parameter on Energy Minimization

Liu Shiyong liushiyong at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 19:24:12 CET 2008

Hi,

I used a script given below for energy minimization of  a native
protein-protein complex 1akj.

I removed HETATMs and water molecules from the structure, and the minimized
structure  (1akj_oplsaa.minim_traj.pdb) with epsilon_r=80.
Then I used rasmol to check the result.  The ligand is ran away from
receptor.
 rasmol 1akj_oplsaa.minim_traj.pdb

Then I tried the larger epsilon_r           =  800000.0, and got very
similar result. I mean that for two substantially different values of the
epsilon_r minimization gives absolutely the same final positions of the
ligand.

I also tried difference forcefield encads, encadv, G43a1, G43a2, G43b1,
G45a3, G53a5, G53a6,  gmx, oplsaa.
I also got similar result.

script:

pdb2gmx   -ff oplsaa -f 1akj_oplsaa.pdb -p 1akj_oplsaa.top -o
1akj_oplsaa.gro -i 1akj_oplsaa.itp > 1akj_oplsaa.
output.pdb2gmx 2>&1 &

grompp -f em.mdp -c 1akj_oplsaa.gro -p 1akj_oplsaa.top -o
1akj_oplsaa.input.tpr > 1akj_oplsaa.output.grompp
2>&1 &

mdrun -nice 0 -v -s 1akj_oplsaa.input.tpr -o 1akj_oplsaa.minim_traj.trr -c
1akj_oplsaa.minimized.gro -e
1akj_oplsaa.

minim_ener.edr > 1akj_oplsaa.output.mdrun 2>&1 &

 trjconv  -f 1akj_oplsaa.minim_traj.trr -s 1akj_oplsaa.input.tpr -o
1akj_oplsaa.minim_traj.pdb << HHH
2
2
HHH