[gmx-users] DMSO G53a6 FF in Gromacs

Andreas Boozo Frank andreas.frank at ch.tum.de
Wed Mar 12 14:01:57 CET 2008

First thanks for the answers. I checked several sections of the
trajectory, but the deviation is always the same, even when disregarding
the first 500 ps or looking only at the last 500 ps of the trajectory
where everything is nice equilibrated. I think the error is
insignificantly small (however, the value was reported in this precision
in the original paper) but I was interested in possible reasons of this
behavour, e.g. numerical errors or different treatment of certain
interaction parameters between Gromacs and Gromos (in my studies I
usually work with both programs).

There is another question that could possibly be answered by Berk: I
often use his Orientation Restraints algorithm implemented in Gromacs.
While all results are fine and most of the analysis parameters of an
RDC- driven run are clear to me, I am not sure of the meaning of the
g_energy output "Orient.-Rest." and "Ori.-R.-RMSD". Are these analysis
parameters some kind of energy terms like the
restraining potential or is the output given in Hertz and what do they
actually mean?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Andreas