[gmx-users] RE: Coul-14, LJ-14 and RF-excl definitions (2)

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 12 16:40:16 CET 2008

Hi,

The RF correction is NOT applied to 1-4 pairs.
It is applied to excluded pairs, independently of it they interact via 1-4 interaction or not.
For RF simply all atom pairs in a cut-off sphere need to be corrected.
The simplest way of doing this is correcting the non-bonded potential
and correcting all pairs that do not interact via the non-bonded potential (excluded pairs).

For why one has to correct all pairs with an r^2 function, you have to read the literature.

Berk.