[gmx-users] problem with mpi configuration.

mario ciappy mariociap at yahoo.it
Wed Mar 12 20:05:36 CET 2008

 Thank you very much for help me.
  I have try to install gromacs 3.3.3 on rhel 4.0.
  I try to configure gromacs single with the command  "./configure --enable-mpi --program-suffix=_mpi--prefix=/usr/local/gromacs332", but when I try to install, I have this error:
  usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file `/usr/local/gromacs/bin/grompp_mpi_d--prefix=/usr/local/gromacs333': No such file or directory
  make[3]: *** [install-binPROGRAMS] Error 1
  make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/mario/gromacs-3.3.3/src/kernel'
  make[2]: *** [install-am] Error 2
  make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mario/gromacs-3.3.3/src/kernel'
  make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
  make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mario/gromacs-3.3.3/src'
  make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
  I have try to edit the end of the configure command "/usr/local/gromacs332" with"/usr/local/gromacs333" and "/usr/local/gromacs" but I have anlogue errors. Can you help me?

  Thanks in advance.

  Mario
Diego Enry <diego.enry at gmail.com> ha scritto: You should check the user guide.
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/documentation/index.php?s=docs

In a nutshell:
1) You need is to install mpich in all machines. Actually you can sync
the mpich install directory (also gromacs).
2) You also need to have the same /etc/hosts on every machine. rsync that.
3) You need to grant ssh access without password by creating a rsa-key
for every user

Fell free to private message if you need any additional help.

Ciao.