[gmx-users] RE:Problem about *FF

Andreas a.kukol at herts.ac.uk
Mon Mar 17 09:50:25 CET 2008

Dear sudheer,

It is a well known problem that the united atoms lipid forcefield based on
Berger et al, which is incorported into ffgmx (the Gromos87 forcefield) gives
good results for lipid bilayers, but it is outdated for proteins.

The only solution at the moment is to use an all atom forcefield for which good
lipid parameters are available (i.e. Amber, CHARM, OPLS) or develop new lipid
models for the current Gromos55a6 forcefield.

Best regards
Andreas