[gmx-users] ED analysis, domain rotation, DynDom

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 20:27:04 CET 2008

Hi Jo,

First of all, DynDom infers domains, hinges and rotations from two
structures given. It does not provide any information on motion, i.e.
relating to the time-domain. You could extract the structures having
the most extreme projections on a certain mode to further analyse with
DynDom. But mind you that this would not mean there is a straight path
between the two structures. DynDom won't notice if there's a barrier
right in between, preventing going straight from one extreme to the
other. It might require simultaneous motion along another component.

Hope it helps,

Tsjerk