[gmx-users] popc

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Mar 21 15:35:43 CET 2008

Quoting Chiara Parravicini <parravicini.chiara at gmail.com>:

> Thank you for your advice!
> I reformatted the ffG43a2x.hdb file, but now pdb2gmx is complaining about
> the ffG43a2x-n.tdb file, that is different from the ffG53a6 one, and
> probably it would complain also for ffG43a2x-c.tdb. Here, also the fields
> gd_* don't match.  Is there the way to use the existing topologies with
> another gromos force field instead of reformatting all the ffG43a2x* files?

I wouldn't expect the gd_* to match between ffG53a6 and ffG43a2x, since ffG43a2x
was likely developed before ffG53a6 (hence the numbering).  If you have a look
at ffG43a1-c.tdb, you'll notice that the bonded parameters are comparable.

I would imagine that if the .hdb file was formatted in such a way that it can no
longer be used, I would suspect the .tdb files would suffer the same
consequences.  My first reaction is that the .tdb and .hdb files will be the
only ones that have to be re-formatted, however, I could be wrong.

You could probably start over with any of the other Gromos force fields if you'd
like, although I don't think the re-formatting would take too much time.

> What about the "atomtype 'CA' not found!" error?

There are several discussions about such things in the list archive.  If you
search for your error in conjunction with terms like "lipid," "membrane," etc.
you should turn up some results about how to deal with it.

-Justin