[gmx-users] .itp file for polymer (Polystyrene)

Rohit merohisg at yahoo.co.in
Tue Mar 25 10:12:53 CET 2008

Hi,

I am trying to generate a polymer layer with 30 chains of 20 monomeric units using gromacs' genbox command. For that, I need to have .itp file for the single polymer chain (polystyrene). I have .itp file for styrene molecule, how can I make a .itp file for polymer chain using .itp file of styrene? I guess there must be some way to use parameters of styrene molecule to build up a .itp file for the polymer.
I would appreciate If someone can help me with this.

Many Thanks
Rohit