[gmx-users] Re: Informatin about Force field for Protein in POPC

Chris Neale chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Tue Mar 25 18:05:11 CET 2008

Please keep this on the mailing list.

I use OPLS + tip4p for protein in water, then I use the Berger lipids
downloaded from Peter Tieleman's website using some special
considerations for scaling of the 1-4 interactions. You can find some of
my posts on that topic via searching for opls and berger.

However, I work with beta-barrel proteins. If you are working on a
helical protein (e.g. GPCRs) you may want to try amber, but I am not
sure what lipids you would use there (the scaling trick doesn't work for
amber-berger combo). Another way to go would be charmm with it's own
lipids (as simulated in gromacs). The fundamental question of what
protein ff you want is something that I can not answer for  you.

Chris.