[gmx-users] Help with water decane interface

fabracht sdf fabracht at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 14:48:46 CEST 2008

*Dear Gromacs users. I ve been trying to run a MSD for a G coupled receptor
and encountered some problems during my run.
I have encountered a methodology that deals with this type of transmembrane
proteins, and apparently I need to assemble my box with a "tri" layer,
water/decane/water. I found an article entitled "A molecular Dynamics Study
of the Decane/water interface", where the author studies several aspects in
the usage of such boxes.
I need help on how to put together all these water molecules and decane
molecules in the same box.
I thought about simply creating theses boxes in separate using gromacs, and
then simply copying and pasting the coordenates of the molecules into the
same topology file. Apparently I was too naive to think that this simplistic
approach would actually work.
Thank you in advance * <gmx-users at gromacs.org>