[gmx-users] Re: Help needed on using general amber force field (GAFF)

servaas michielssens servaas.michielssens at student.kuleuven.be
Mon Mar 31 17:23:32 CEST 2008

There is not really a difference between proper and improper dihedrals in
amber the amberFF, the only difference is that improper dihedrals are not
serially linked (amber 8 manual page 261).
I do not really understand your problem. Are you writing a new topology for
a small molecule in the amberFF? You can best use the amber tools in this
case and then convert it to gromacs with the script on the website I
mentioned below. If you rename your atoms in the amber conventions you can
use parmchk to check if parameters are present in de gaff. If not you can
calculate them by quantum chemical chemical calculation or use equivalent
parameters. (but this is more a topic for the amber mailing list...)

kind regards,

servaas