[gmx-users] adding missing hydrogen in PDB files

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu May 1 18:09:24 CEST 2008

In terms of external software, check out OpenBabel:
http://openbabel.org/wiki/Main_Page

There's also the H++ server, which employs Babel as part of its algorithm:
http://biophysics.cs.vt.edu/H++/index.php

I believe H++ can handle nucleic acids.  You could also do all of this with
Gromacs, if you can come up with relevant entries in the .hdb file for your
particular force field.  Then pdb2gmx could produce the right structure with
added hydrogens.

-Justin

Quoting Arijit Maitra <arijitmaitra at yahoo.com>:

> Hi All
>
> I have been trying to simulate a DNA tetramer
> d(GGGGTTTTGGGG)_2 using gromacs with amber ports. I
> have downloaded the X-ray structure from
> www.rcsb.org/pdb which has several missing hydrogen
> atoms. Can anybody advise how to plug in the missing
> atoms, e.g. with softwares or otherwise to proceed
> with the pdb2gmx command?
>
> Thanks
> Ari

Justin A. Lemkul