[gmx-users] DCCM

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Fri May 2 01:50:50 CEST 2008

tuhin at iitk.ac.in wrote:
> Dear Gromacs Users,
>
> My apologies for putting forward a naive question.
>
> Actually, I'm a little confused, is covariance matrix the same as
> correlation matrix ??

Names for such procedures vary quite a bit with the kind of field you
work in - I've known scientists, engineers and statisticians to use
different names for the same arithmetic process. In the absence of some
unequivocal mathematical expression for what you're trying to do, it's
hard to guess what you're doing, unfortunately.

I can see below you've been doing some suitable reading, so perhaps you
should try to come up with such a mathematical description of what
you're trying to get your analysis to do. That may give you enough
insight to see how to do it with a GROMACS tool or some other.

Mark