[gmx-users] GROMACS parallel set up Questions.

Subhrangshu Supakar ssupakar at gmail.com
Fri May 2 07:55:42 CEST 2008

Dear All,
I have a few questions about installing gromacs in a parallel set up:
I am planning to use a parallel system consisting of 4 x3650 boxes connected
to each other with a gigabit switch and the same OS installed in all the
three. The MPI would be LAM/MPICH and the boxes will use their own HDDs.
GROMACS will be installed in all of them with the mpi option.
Now, does GROMACS (mdrun) write the output files on NODE0 only?  Do I have
to copy the run input files to all the boxes?
It would be of great help to me if somebody can suggest a particular type of
cluster setup procedure (if any) suitable for running GROMACS .

Thanks in advance.

Subhrangshu