[gmx-users] when I switch to ffG43a1, the problem occurs

xin liu zgxjlx at gmail.com
Mon May 5 05:50:22 CEST 2008

Dear GMX-Users

I want to perform a MDS with lignd solvted in DMSO, this is how I setup the
top file:

#include "ffgmx.itp"
#include "lig_ffgmx.itp"
#include "dmso.itp"

[ molecules ]
; name    number
Protein    1
DMSO    3245

My system works fine with "ffgmx.itp". However, after I changed the
parameters to "ffG43a1.itp" and "lig_ff43a1.itp" accordingly, the grompp
command complains about "Atomtype 'SD' not found". I think this probably
because the program didn't recognize the DMSO atomtype, but how should I
setup the top file so as to include it properly and avoid the error? I think
I might have missed some fundamental clues when seting up the FF43a1 top
file.
Any suggestions are appreciated!

Yours
Xin